Thursday, August 06, 2009

M.I.R.


I am not a music critic nor am I an expert, but I am always allowing myself to judge one or other band, song or tune by main criteria - I like it or not. I would love to evolve and improve my music understanding/evaluating abilities and I will try to work on that, but for now I can just be very subjective. :)

For my second blog entry I have decided to write about one Lithuanian band, which I consider very much above the average of Lithuanian music and which I really appreciate and like. To brag a bit, I know one of the leaders of the band personally - not that we are friends or something, but we've went to faculty together and even worked for a extraordinary boring finances task together. But that is not the point. The point is to show, how a real talent, work and ambition can lead one towards success. I remember the freshman year in university, when all 30 of us have gathered pure and innocent, without or with a very small idea what we want to do with our lives and here - 4 years later most of us are realizing ourselves or even achieving so much.

All in all and to be more frank, M.I.R. (make it real) project plays some kind of trip hop, instrumental jazzy music with a great amount of mixing and spicing. Being young and creative people with non-spoiled minds they make the music sound refreshing and amusing, and what is very important - are successfully avoiding the threat of being closed for externals to understand and feel.
Some might and already did compare M.I.R. to Portishead, but I wouldnt - both bands have their "label" and sound, therefore the comparisont could just define the music style or mood.

What I love about this band and others, who have came out in last few years, is that in longer time perspective they are able to make a real competition to all the low tasteless music, dominating the Lithuanian scene at the moment. Great job in educating young people in the capital and hopefully coming to other cities as well wont end up without fruit of success so the only thing to wish is to keep it real, great and patient.

In the end, evolving so fast, M.I.R. are releasing their CD on 15th of August and as soon as I am in Lithuania, I am getting it.

Check out their website, listen to their music and tell me what you think?
I will try to post more simmilar music style videos a bit later, cause blogspot.com now has some error.
Maybe you know some other bands worth attention? Share. :)

http://makeitreal.lt/blog





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home