Monday, August 17, 2009

Blues, blues, blues...


You know, I have never been a fan of all - American style of music, like blues or country. Yes, I have listened to some songs and of course, I have enjoyed few of them forsure. But my playlist or "My music" folder never had a lot of this stuff.
It still doesnt and, to be honest, am not sure if it ever will, but last week I have attended a concert on a beach bar, where a band, called "Harpoon blues band" was having a gig. They have played quite a few songs and even my bad mood couldn't make me not enjoy them. Bluesy/rocky tunes and real "saloon type" of voice sounded just like it supposed to and not for a moment reminded that the band is from Split, Croatia, which I connect more to klappa than blues. I call this proffesionalism.
"Harpoon blues band" is more of a bar and smaller room oriented, I don't know if they have any ambition to grow bigger, since Europe is having different taste than US. But feels so great to know that those, who do like bluesy rock have an option.

Listen to them on myspace, for some reason lately I cannot upload any videos here...
Do you know any other blues bads worth listening?

p.s. some cool blues by Joe Bonamassa right here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home