Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Electronic Lithuania


Today I had an idea to make a post about 3 Lithuanian electronic music bands and while browsing information on net found a website, that has a list of quite many of them. To be honest, after opening the site I didn't know should I be just surprised or a bit ashamed that I had no clue about the majority of musicians. But as I already have mentioned before, I ain't no music critics, so this time will let the sad fact to just sweep away :)

If you are interested, here is the website I am talking about and the list of Lithuanian electronic bands: ORE GROTUVAS. I am pretty sure that it will become a quite good "gold mine" for me in the future reference to find some new sounds and tunes.

Now to get back to the topic I wanted to write about today. One evening I had quite a nostalgia for funky tunes that Vilnius bar offers and asked a friend to recommend me something to listen in order to experience the nostalgia in the way that it supposed to be. 2 of her recommended bands I knew before - Empti and Milky lasers (Pieno lazeriai) - but the third one was familiar just cause of one song. It was brassbastardz.
After listening to all of their myspace tunes I felt that great chillout mood, which you feel with a coctail in the hand, cozy couch under butt and smooth-funky lightening around.
All electronic chill out lovers should for sure check out their stuff, as always I am adding links to their myspace websites.

To be short, Milky lasers and Empti have the same vocal - a great voice of Giedre. Empti at this moment is re-born, since after big success quite a few years ago they had a creative break.
The main difference in between these two bands is that Empti has more of a pop - sound and lasers - electro tunes.
The most famous songs of these bands are "Voyage", "Gera myleti" etc. , though Empti has changed quite a lot after the break I was mentioning.



But at this moment my favourite of these 3 bands is brassbastardz (most famous song - "Jiemah" as Žiema (winter) in Lithuanian), cause they are totaly new for me and I am very much enjoying the tunes.

Here are the links. Take it easy ;)

Empti
Milky lasers
Brassbastardz

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrius LC Siauliai said...

Milda, how come you became so passionated about music and its styles? : ) Or maybe it was common thing for you just I didn't know about it...

However, keep posting new 'foundings'. I also like to experiment different styles. One of the best channels for that is www.frype.lt/music (if you want to discover fresh lithuanian talents) and www.lrt.lt/opus3.
At the moment I enjoying Suicide Djs. Check that out (though they are not so new)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Milda said...

Andriuk, I have always been interessted, just that now I have more time to see more and write about it. And yes, I do like opus 3 a lot.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home