Thursday, August 27, 2009

Romantic Balkans


I haven't been posting for quite a while - just because I was more busy than usualy and really didn't have time nor inspiration for any post. Anyways, today, when I am EXTRA busy and have to translate a bunch of materials, no need to say I decided to have a break and update the blog.

This time it is something connected to where I live in and what I hear quite often about, just with a small variation. One guy from my current - soon - ending - job, who is driving me home sometimes, is always listening to great music in the car. One of the artists that I have found out in that way is Vlado Georgiev. He is a very quality, typical Balkan ballad singer from Montenegro. I will be honest - I have heard a lot of Croatian music, some Serbian and Bosnian, but he was the first musician from Montenegro. And I am so glad I had a chance for this discovery.

Vlados voice - very deep, manly and moody, the tunes - melancholic, romantic, inspiring, sometimes can get a bit sad, if you have why to be sad about. The lyrics are also great, in my oppinion, but even if you don't know the language (I have listened to tons of Croatian music understanding just very less, couple of years ago when I still didn't know the language, and still enjoyed it) - the music will do it's job. And what is most important - the songs have that famous and mysterious Balkan vibe, spirit and deepness, that noone else can repeat.

I strongly recomment at least to check him out. His myspace has very few songs, so check my favourite one in youtube here also: Vlado Georgijev - Zena bez imena

I will try to post more on Balkan and Former Yugoslavia music later on, cause this region has a lot to offer and for people to discover.

Take care! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home